Saturday, March 6, 2010

Goat Cheese Tomato Pita

goat cheese tomato pita

Basically this post is just an excuse to play around with improving my food photography skills. I realize that the photos of my food up until this point have looked only minimally appetizing, so here's my attempt to step it up a notch with the new 'high quality' lights and tripod I just ordered.

After all the hours of playing around with my new toys, flashing pictures of bowls of fruit and pretty much anything I could get my hands on from the kitchen, I naturally developed a mid-afternoon snack attack. I then did what I do nearly every day when this happens - I opened the fridge and prepared one of my trusty staples, the goat cheese and tomato pita, dripping with olive oil. So why not use this hungry opportunity to test my equipment for real and post it on my blog? It's simple and tasty enough!

Here's all you need:

Half a pita bread
Plain goat cheese (feta also works well)
Sliced Tomato
Salt
Olive Oil

Toast the pita bread, then open and spread the inside with a good tablespoon of the goat cheese. Place a couple thinly sliced pieces of tomato inside, sprinkle with salt, then pour as much olive oil inside as you desire. I like mine to be pretty drippy - It's just no fun if the oil isn't running down your hands, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment