Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Welcome to 'Cooking With Olive Oil'

As an avid connoisseur and passionate lover of fine olive oil, one of the questions I most often receive by those curious about the substance is, "My doctor/friend/family member/newspaper/health magazine suggested I incorporate more olive oil into my diet, so what's the best way to do this?"

Being a person who heartily consumes a liter of olive oil in under two weeks, I feel more than happy to offer suggestions on how to drink (no drizzling here!) this healthy elixir by incorporating it into every meal. Here I will post dishes that I feel everyone and anyone can easily prepare in their own kitchen. When I cook, I lean towards the use of minimal ingredients of the freshest quality. Simple Food prepared simply - with Extra Virgin Olive Oil taking center stage, of course!

Along with posting recipes, I will also throw in some fun info and facts about olive oil as well as various brands and varieties I like. Also, when I say olive oil, let's always assume I am referring to 'Extra Virgin' as this is really the best olive oil to use when preparing your dishes. If you have a regular old bottle of 'olive oil' on hand, save it for the baked dishes or better yet, for frying. Otherwise, always use Extra Virgin, especially when consuming raw - the best and healthiest way to eat olive oil! Just do a taste test between the two and you'll know what I mean.

For more information about olive oil in general such as the history, origins, properties, and health benefits, there is plenty available online, so I'll regularly be adding links I find helpful if you're looking to expand your knowledge of the fruit juice.

1 comment:

  1. Found another use of olive oil:

    Needed to condition new leather boots and didn't have anything available, so tried a small dab of oil on a sponge. Not only did it absorb well, but I think it'll do the trick just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete